High quality ceramic mug featuring New Zealand Kokako birds, lancewood leaves, and antique inspired text about the bird.
The North Island kōkako (Callaeas wilsoni) is an endangered forest bird endemic to the North Island of New Zealand. The kokako is a poor flier and prefers to hop and leap from branch to branch on its powerful legs. It does not fly so much as glide - they scramble up tall trees (frequently New Zealand rimu and matai) before gliding to others like a flying squirrel. Its diet consists of leaves, fern fronds, flowers, fruit and inverebrates. Kokako are being carefully reintroduced to the area we are based in - the Waitakere Ranges, near Auckland. When we are very lucky, we hear their beautiful bell-like melodies, which have drawn out, haunting notes.
The finer details:
- Decorated with our antique inspired art and design
- Created on demand in Auckland, New Zealand
- High quality gift packaging showcases mug and minimises waste. Packaging is our design, recyclable and made in New Zealand
- Strong ceramic construction
- Large comfortable handle
- 350ml / 11 fl oz
- 95mm high, 82mm diameter
- Meets or exceeds United States FDA requirements for food and drink safety
- Dishwasher and microwave safe
© Voyadore Limited